TransMIT GmbH provides an interface between Science and Industry in close cooperation with 900 Professors and 70.000 students of its partner universities (Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen und Philipps-University Marburg).
This full time position in a collaborative project with the Justus-Liebig University Giessen is initially offered for two years and can be extended for one additional year. The position is available immediately.
We are seeking highly motivated applicants interested in mechanisms of alveolar epithelial injury (focus on ER-stress, autophagy, mitophagy, DNA damage) and regeneration (focus on Notch signaling), in particular the broad range of functions of alveolar type II cells.
The research project focuses on the mechanisms of alveolar regeneration and, in particular, the broad range of functions of the alveolar type II cells between a fully differentiated cell serving the demands of the respiratory unit, and it´s function as local progenitor, two seemingly opposing functions.
The successful candidate will work in an international and multidisciplinary team, focusing on the signaling pathways and micro environmental clues driving a switch from one phenotype to the other. We aim to transfer this knowledge into diseases processes, especially to patients with Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Diseases (DPLD).
Remuneration is oriented on the equivalent of public service pay scale (TVöD Bund E 13).
- PhD in Genetics, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or related field
- Experience in stem cell culture, molecular biology/genome editing (e.g. qPCR, and bulk/single cell RNA-Seq), immunohistochemical and biochemical techniques
- Experience with FACS sorting, organoid assays and precision cut lung slices will be advantageous
- Demonstrable track record of research excellence and capability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- High motivation, flexibility as well as innovate and creative thinking
A job offer from TransMIT-Zentrum für innovative Therapien in der Pneumologie